- Life Insurance Premium for individuals. The policy must be in the assesse's or spouse's or any child's name. For a HUF, it may be on life of any member of HUF. The 80C deduction is valid on insurance policies purchased after 1st April, 2012 only if the premium is less than 10% of sum assured. Benefits for existing purchased policies continue.
- Sum paid under contract for deferred annuity for an individual on the life of the assesse, spouse or any child.
- Sum deducted from salary payable to Govt. Servant for securing deferred annuity for self-spouse or child Payment limited to 20% of salary.
- Contribution made under Employee's Provident Fund Scheme.
- Contribution to PPF for individual can be in the name of the assesse, the spouse or any child. For a HUF, it can be in the name of any member of the family.
- Contribution by employee to a Recognised Provident Fund.
- Sum deposited in 10/15 year account of Post Office Saving Bank
- Subscription to any notified securities/notified deposits scheme. e.g. NSS
- Subscription to any notified savings certificate, Unit Linked Savings certificates. e.g. NSC VIII issue.
- Contribution to Unit Linked Insurance Plan of LIC Mutual Fund e.g. Dhanrakhsa 1989
- Contribution to notified deposit scheme/Pension fund set up by the National Housing Scheme.
- Payments of instalments or part payments of loan taken for buying or constructing residential house property. However, if the property is transferred before the expiry of 5 years from the end of the financial year in which possession of such property is obtained by him, the aggregate amount of deduction of income so allowed for various years shall be liable to tax in that year.
- Contribution to notified annuity Plan of LIC (e.g. Jeevan Dhara) or Units of UTI / notified Mutual Funds.
- Subscription to units of a Mutual Fund notified u/s 10(23D).
- Subscription to deposit scheme of a public sector, company engaged in providing housing finance.
- Subscription to equity shares/ debentures forming part of any approved eligible issue of capital made by a public company or public financial institutions.
- Tuition fees paid to any school, college, university or other educational institution situated within India for the purpose of full time education of any two children
Copyright MyTaxMitra. Powered by Blogger.
Tagged with: Income Tax
This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.
- DSC e-Token Drivers ( ePass 2003, ePass 1000, Alladin Drivers)
- Download New PAN form 49A form in Excel & PDF Format
- PAN Card Application Online NSDL & UTIISL,PAN Status, Reprint PAN , NRI PAN Online Apply, PAN Application Form Links
- ICSI December 2013 Results Announced
- Download link for Java JRE 6U30 for MCA21 & Income Tax e-Filing
- KNOW YOUR TIN VAT NO ANDHRA PRADESH BY NAME OR TIN SEARCH
- Download RTI( Right to Information) Application Form Karnataka
- Download DIN Approval Letter from MCA21 Website
- Find your TIN Number Karnataka VAT
- Steps to be followed to Register for Karnataka VAT to Get TIN