The various donations specified in Sec. 80G are eligible for deduction upto either 100% or 50% with or without restriction as provided in Sec. 80G. 80G deduction not applicable in case donation is done in form of cash for amount over Rs 10,000.
Donations with 100% deduction without any qualifying limit:
- Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund
- National Defence Fund
- Prime Minister’s Armenia Earthquake Relief Fund
- The Africa (Public Contribution - India) Fund
- The National Foundation for Communal Harmony
- Approved university or educational institution of national eminence
- The Chief Minister’s Earthquake Relief Fund, Maharashtra
- Donations made to Zila Saksharta Samitis.
- The National Blood Transfusion Council or a State Blood Transfusion Council.
- The Army Central Welfare Fund or the Indian Naval Benevolent Fund or The Air Force Central Welfare Fund.
Donations with 50% deduction without any qualifying limit.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund
- Prime Minister’s Drought Relief Fund
- National Children’s Fund
- Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust
- The Rajiv Gandhi Foundation
Donations to the following are eligible for 100% deduction subject to 10% of adjusted gross total income
Donations to the Government or a local authority for the purpose of promoting family planning.
Donations to the following are eligible for 50% deduction subject to 10% of adjusted gross total income
Donation to the Government or any local authority to be utilized by them for any charitable purposes other than the purpose of promoting family planning